Wednesday, August 3, 2011

365 Days



Yesterday was my 365 day in the program, on the diet, in fat class in the box, whatever....  THREE HUNDRED ++ days. 

Yes, that's a lot.

At weigh in, I was disappointed.  I wasn't able to get back down to the lowest weight I logged so far while on the diet.  And, even though it was only a pound and a half... it was still higher than I wanted to weigh as I cross the line from one year to the next. 

Ginah was startled by my sadness and disappointment and tried to console me.  She kept talking about the big picture.

I said, "Yeah... I know about all that, yadda yadda, and I get it.  I know in the scheme of it, I should be thrilled.  But, the truth is.. I'm not.  I just need tonight to be mad at myself and tomorrow I will be fine."

Needless to say, I've had several calls from her today.  I guess she was worried I went off the deep end.  But, I did need a minute to be mad and upset.  Now, I'm fine.  Today I can appreciate what I've accomplished.  And, now I can look forward to the next 365++ days of my new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment