Sunday, July 31, 2011

52 Weeks

I'm closing out my 52 week in the program. And, Monday will mark a year on the diet. A year of my life.

How does those 52 weeks translate into longer life? Will it? How many more weeks have I added to my life because of this program? Because of my commitment to change my life?

It's kind of a bummer to walk into your 52 week with a 3 pound weight gain. And, I have spent all week working pretty hard to stay focused on losing that three pounds. I'd really like to hit my one year mark being the lowest I have ever been on their scales. But, my scale at home isn't giving any indication that will be the case tonight. I'm trying not to let that upset me.

The truth is... life comes with patches of ups and downs and you just have to focus on long term. I'm still down such a significant amount from a year ago. I'm eating so many fruits and vegetables I never thought I would be. I know I must be healthier.

People ask me a lot if I feel different. I still feel like me. I feel like inside this is how I've always been and now maybe people can really see me more? Interesting concept. Seeing more of me by there being less of me.

Anyway, if I could celebrate these 52 weeks with wine (which, by the way was the plan but we had to postpone a napa trip due to finances) I would do so with a Caymus or Silver Oak. Like those two labels, this is worth the investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment