Thursday, August 25, 2011

New Beginnings

A few weeks ago Ginah announced to class that she would be moving.  Her finance had accepted a job out of state and she'd be gone by the end of August.  We were all sad, of course.

Ginah has been my primary fat class teacher since I started the diet.  In addition, Ginah has been a resource to me on work projects -- like a huge project we are about to announce.  So, I was certainly sad.  But, at the same time. . . I thought it might be good for me.  It's been a year.  I'm tired of the classes.  A bit bored with the program.  I've felt especially committed to staying on target because of her.  Having a new instructor might bring me a new perspective.  It's a way to start anew. 

Instead of me being on the path to continue to lose weight, I think I'll enter this relationship with the path to maintain my current weight.  If I happen to lose more, ok.  If not, that's fine too.  Because Ginah was with me from day 1, I have felt like I should see a loss every week.  I feel guilty on weeks I maintain.  I have seen Ginah as my weight LOSS teacher.  But, the reality is I've been in the maintenance phase for months.  And, I need to start wrapping my head around long term maintenance. 

The good news is I will still have Ginah in my life for a while longer.  Even though she'll be states away, I've talk to her about doing some work for me while she looks for a new position.  She has a great depth of knowledge around nutrition and fitness -- much beyond the too scripted fat classes I've been sitting through.  (In fact, one might argue that her talents were wasted in that restricted environment).  Regardless, it appears we may continue working together professionally.  And, that's exciting.

But, I'm also excited to begin anew in the program under this new perspectives.  Let's see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment