Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Making the Announcement


 


Just a year ago, I was different. Much heavier. Less healthy. Just different.

A year ago I wouldn't be able to make the announcement.  I would have felt like a hypocrite.  I would have thought it was not in the best interest of company for me to be the one.  I'm not even sure I would have been able to really conceptualize this project a year ago.  

I feel like the diet, fat class, my job, the box... all these things are so integrated because so much of what I do, in my job, is focused around creating healthier communities.  That's why I was struggling so much a year ago with who I was and what I do.  I wasn't matched up.  I didn't look the part.  I wasn't the part. 

But, today I was.  I was able to talk about this initiative and obesity and not feel like a hypocrite.  Not be concerned that our brand reputation was at stake.  And, knowing that was acknowledging a huge shift for me mentally.  Today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment