Friday, July 1, 2011

Independence Day

When we arrived in TN, I quickly took note of the challenges ahead.  My mother is quite the cook and is planning to prepare a lot of tastee treats for all the social gatherings ahead at the Lakehouse.  Yesterday was my midweek call into Ginah... to give her my stats and update her on whats happening (challenges, etc).  So, I sent her this photo.  Basically, I want her to expect that I'll gain 10 pounds this week.  And, hopefully when I only gain 5 she will be proud of me. 

Her return message to me sounded frantic... almost as if I was abducted by aliens and she feared for my life.  She asked if my mother could put the food away... in the pantry, out of sight.  I had to gently explain that there was no room in the pantry and she REALLY didn't want ot see what was in that.  :)

I also had to email her photos of where my food was (in the downstairs bar area).  She approved of my keeping it separate from the other food but still sounded frantic.  "Are there foods in the kitchen area that you can eat?" she asked.  I assured her there were lots of fruits and vegetables nearby and even sent a photo.  She seemed to relax then.  But, it was funny how scared she sounded for me. 

I think she would have come and gotten me if she could.  She did not sound happy at all about my being there.  I just said, "well now you know why I was so fat!"  My mother enjoyed the dialog back and forth between me and my fat class teacher.  She was laughing at it all and said, "Do I need to talk to her?  Just tell her it's Independence Day... and you need some INDEPENDENCE!!!!"

Touche! 

No comments:

Post a Comment