Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Miscommunication over Chex Mix

Before heading to the Island, I had a text exchange with my mom over the fact that I've been challenged a lot lately on the diet.  I'm having a hard time saying no to foods I really shouldn't eat.  So, she responded...

"I won't make chex mix then."  She's fully aware of my addiction to that deliciously salty snack!  That text was quickly followed by "I'll make foods I know you don't like."

So, I responded "Please do.  Though I would really love some chex mix."

My point was... please do make only foods I don't like.  Please keep from tempting me.  And, gosh chex mix sounds sooooooo good.  My point (again) was... I'm easily tempted. 

When our car broke down and we got in my dads he said, "Well, at least your mom's got the chex mix started." 

I was confused.  I said, "She's making chex mix?" 

"Yeah, she said you really wanted some."
Clearly, we had a miscommunication. 

Anyway, she had a batch ready when I got there. 

And, by the time we left she had made 14 batches (of which I ate most of).

Oh well....  it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment