Thursday, July 28, 2011

Strategies

Strategies.

That is an overused word in fat class. Strategies.

Ginah loves to talk about strategies. What strategies work? What strategies can you use? Strategies.

This past week in fat class (you know, the one where I gained 3 pounds) she called me out. There was one minute left of class. And, the class was already in a roudy mood. In a very inadequate attempt to get us pulled together and send us off with one more "strategy" for the week she loudly said, "Wait... Christy has a strategy that can help!" She was referring to one of the students in the back who apparently was having issues not eating food that was living on his counter. At first, I was like... I do? Don't you remember from our confession session 40 minutes ago that I gained 3 pounds? Then I realized that she was referring to my time in Tennesee with my mom.

At this point, I really had no interest in continuing the strategy session and was ready to bolt. After all, I had just been presented the damage of my eating out. I wasn't really up for providing support. So, when she said... "Christy, what are some of the strategies you used to get through that challenge?" I turned to the back of the room, looked the guy in the eye and said, "I just tried to stay drunk the whole time!"

This had the class roaring (including the nuns) and had Ginah off in a tizzy. I thought it was a good strategy, honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment