Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Truth of My Reality

So, I have mentioned my stress recently.  The truth is... things have been stressful this summer.  My husband was laid off in early June and that caused me to really stress about money.  In addition, he decided to open his own practice -- which requires some start up costs (office, furniture, website, collateral, etc).  All of that is very necessary but can add up.  And, on one income... I'm feeling anxious.  We have some money in savings, but I don't like tapping into that.  It's really not a lot and will go fast. 

In addition to this financial hardship, the morning of the day he was laid off... I discovered a lump.  Yep... some UHO (unidentified hard object) was noticeable in my left breast.  And, that caused me even more stress.  Then, when I found out about my husband's job... I'm pretty sure I went right into high anxiety mode. 

Let me just say this... when you are stressed and anxious, it is especially hard to stay focused or even concerned about the diet.  Maintaining high levels of fruits and vegetables as well as increasing exercise seems pretty insignificant. 

So, even though I really wasn't planning to blog about it.  It seems almost too personal to put online... it is very much impacting my diet, my life.  And, after all... this is the truth of my reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment