Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fatshionable

I did another round of weeding this week in my closet.  Two more garbage bags full of clothes gone to Goodwill!

I find this a daunting and exhausting task.  And, I've been trying to pile the clothes up as I notice they are getting too big.  I start a pile.  But, this time I hit the clothes that have been hiding in the back too.  And, I know I didn't even get them all.  There will be more to be wed!

But, as I go through some of these clothes I think... "Are you kidding... did I really wear this?"  And then I think "Why did I wear this?  Yowza!"  Then there are those things that still have the tag on them because I never had the confidence to wear it once I got it home.  Things that really don't look like they would be flattering on my figure (or anyone the least bit overweight, actually).

Anyway, perhaps I thought it was fashionable?  Who knows?

What I do know, though, is that plus size fashion has come a long way in the last 20 years but still has a long way to go.  And, why are most of the shirts/dresses in a plus size store sleeveless???  Seriously, you do not want to see my fat arms!  I will never understand that.

Oh well, goodbye clothes.  I hope you will let someone else look fatshionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment