Friday, October 1, 2010

Steadily Decreasing Heart Rate


The doctor warned me that my heart rate would go DOWN after I started losing weight.  Remember how I use to only be able to get it to 119?  Well, I've noticed the past few weeks that it's getting harder and harder to get my rate to even 119 now.  In fact, earlier this week when I was working out I snapped this photo.  I was 23 minutes into the workout (with 37 remaining) and already burned 300 calories.  I was at a resistence level of 20 out of 20.  I'm burning nearly 14 calories at minute!  But, my heart rate was only 110. 

I wear my heart rate watch and many days my resting heart rate is in the low 50s.  When I started this, it was mostly the low 60s.  I wonder what it will be at when I'm all done with the diet.  I love knowing more about how my body works and my heart rate.  Even if I don't understand it all yet, it's good to finally know that I just work different than others and my heart rate is never going to be 170 when I'm working out... unless, of course, I'm having a heart attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment