Sunday, October 24, 2010

In the Box Cheesecake

I have been wanting to test out a cheesecake recipe I found online using only the diet products, so I'd still be in the box.



The recipe is to mix 3 puddings with 1 shake packet, add a little lemon juice and water and cook for 20 minutes.  It didn't call for a crust.  On Monday in Fat Class, I was talking to the youngest member of our class.  I haven't mentioned her before in the blog (probably because she's one of the most normal and likable people in the class).  But, youngster has been there since day 1.  Anyway, she said she's been really wanting to make the cheesecake and finally figured out the crust.  She suggested we try it using the honey graham bar they sell.  Genius, I thought.  And, so I made it this weekend. 


Actually, it's not terrible.  It reminds me of what I thought of the muffins the first time I ate them.  Not terrible... different.  They grew on me (and everyone else) and now we all love the muffins.  I suspect this "in the box" cheesecake will be the same. 

Plus, it never hurts to have another type of something to chose from... and having a cheesecake that isn't "terrible" (sadly) sounds like a good thing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment