Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick or Trick...

So, here we are at Halloween.  A holiday loved by many for the delicious candies it brings.  Fattening little treats that are all really tricks.  Tricks on your body.  Filled with empty calories. Nothing nutritional about the toosie rolls, Reese's peanut butter cups, Almond Joys. 

Hmmm, I love Reese's and Almond Joys.  Actually, I'm not one to get crazy on candy.  It will literally sit in our pantry for months.  But, what doesn't last around my house are Reese's peanut butter cups or Almond Joys.  These are, of course, two of the bags of candy my husband bought this year.  I almost cried when he came home with them.  Tootsie rolls, blow pops, sweet tarts... none of those interest me.  Not the least bit tempted. 

So, here I am.... sitting in my den, typing this... with two delicious bags of candy bars just 10 feet away, waiting to be opened.  Waiting to be eaten.  And, I haven't touched them.......... yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment