Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fat Class Recap 10

Jed approaches me before class.  "Are you the Muffin Lady?"  It's like he can never remember that he asks me regularly about recipes.  I think he doesn't know if it's me or Paulie.  I say I am.  (I am the Muffin Lady).  He sits down all excited. 

"Guess what I did this weekend?"  He asks excitedly.

"Made muffins?" I speculate.

"I did!" He exclaims, "And, they were great!"

So, I inquire about them since it appears he'd like to discuss them indepth.  He tells me about the muffins he made (him, not his wife) and his "accounting style" approach to cooking.  He made BIG muffins and then cut them in halfs.  Then, he would toast the halfs in the oven spray fake butter on them.

"They tasted like Popeyes biscuits," he says.

This, I doubt.  But, my head drifts to Popeyes and those delicious butter biscuits.

"Popeyes biscuits..." I say under my breath.

"I didn't mean to talk dirty," he says and smiles.

Jed then says begins asking about the soup cracker recipe and informs me that I really need to "get back to that Betty Crocker labortory of yours and figure it out!"  He said this with great urgency.  I sense that he is desperately seeking a fix of the crunch. 

I tell him I'll try to get on that but don't make any real commitment.

Beyond my pre-class recipe exchange with Jed, there's little more to report.  Except - we were asked to write our complete weight loss up until now. 

Here's the results: 
(Unless it's a regular of the blog, I just put Man or Woman)

Me 28
Woman 23
Man 29
The Drinker 18
Woman 23
Jed 40
Woman 13
Woman 10
Man 38
Woman 13
Woman 33
Man 27
Woman 117*
Paulie 30

*This woman is NOT in our class usually.  She's been on the diet a year.

Taking out the year long dieter, our class has lost 328 pounds, with an average of 25 pounds a person.  I'd like to point out that both Pallie and I are, of course, above average!!  Also, take note that the men definitely lose weight faster than the women.   Several of these men didnt even start the program with us - a few started 2 weeks into it.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! 28 down--that is fantastic! Congrats your efforts and dedication to the box are paying off. (By the way, after this reading this post the Muffin Man song is stuck in my head with a slightly different lyric and I keep thinking "Yes, I know the Muffin Lady!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to get a little more into the numbers...if you average JUST the women, not including the long termer, the average is 19.1. WAY TO GO CHRISTY & PAULIE!!

    ReplyDelete