Sunday, October 17, 2010

How Low Can It Go?


I picked up a heart rate watch when I started the diet.  I like being able to regularly monitor my heart rate - so I can better understand my body.  I have mentioned before that my rate is low.  And, the doctor said it would probably get lower as I lose weight.  He is right.  I think it was a resting heart rate in the low 60s when I first started the diet.  Now it sits in the 50s.  I've gotten into playing this game I like to call, "How Low Can It Go?"  Sometimes when I'm just relaxed on the coach or even in a meeting I can get it to go as low as 45.  Now, I realize it is a bit ridiculous that I play this game since the whole point of this new life of mine is to increase activity -- along with my heart rate.  But, Lance Armstrong has a resting heart rate of 32-34 beats per minute.  Maybe that's a new goal of mine?  Get it as comparable as I can to a internationally renowned cyclist?  It would be cool to be compared to a world class athlete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment