Thursday, October 14, 2010

Missing the Midweek Call

Crud.  I forgot to make my midweek call into Ginah.  At 11:35 my phone rang and it was her.  (And, even though the name "Ginah" is an alias for the blog, that's also how she is listed as my contact in my phone).  :)

Anyway, now I'll have a demerit on my permanent record!!  When I get to class Monday I will have to put I didnt make my midweek call and I'll be bringing down all the numbers.  :-(

We talked a lot about exercise.  My PA (physical activity) for this week is already over 2000.  I told her that I have been kicking up the activity.  I have small goals around physical activity as I'm losing weight.  When I lost just over 25 pounds I focused on incorporating the step class into my workouts again.  I told her that when I lose another 20 I'm pushing to incorporate the Tuesday morning spin class.  I just hate those damn seats!  I know, you get use to it.

People regularly ask me how much I'm trying to lose.  I have no idea.  Honestly, I'm not even interested in that.  For me, the goals are all around physical activity.  Of course, I'd like to be thinner and healthier.  Wear smaller clothes, look cute.  But, I really want to be more physical than I already am.  I'd like to train to do 5ks, or a triathlon, maybe even a marathon.... I dunno.  My best friend growing up has always been a runner.  I've always been so envious of her doing events in other cities.  How fun would that be?

So, I want to continually incorporate physically challenges into my plan.  Those goals are more exciting to me than a number on a scale.  A really hip thin cutie at my office, who I call Miss July, told me she'd run with me if I was interested.  Just the idea of someone cute, young and thin seriously considering me a running partner is awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment