Monday, October 18, 2010

Fat Class Recap 12


Fully gowned awaiting Fat Class
Tonight's Fat Class was pretty dramatic.  That is, in terms of my attire.  Tonight was my big annual event (for work) that includes dignitaries, board members, senior leaders, and Angels in the community.  It's a big deal and a big day overall.  Start with a brunch, then set up the room, etc.  A lot of logistics and things to plan for. So, it's pretty difficult to have to fit Fat Class into the schedule.  Originally, I wasn't planning to even attend Fat Class.  There are make up classes but they are ONLY on Tuesday.   And, I'm in Shreveport then.  Ah well.

So, I "problem solved" a week or so before with Ginah on this.  She got the nurse to agree to do all my medical before class and would let me sneak out a few minutes early.  We didn't get into an exact number, so I chose 30. 

But, here's the issue.  Because of the timing of class, I had go dressed for my event.  So, as you can see I was quite a site.  Definitely overdressed for a Fat Class.  And, I got a lot of attention.  Everyone asked me where I was going and why I was so dressed up.  I guess it made my excuse for having to leave early seem legitimate? 

Writing my "numbers" on the board pre-class

For whatever reason, attendance was light.  Several folks were out -- including Paulie.  And, it was a more intimate setting.  Jed also asked about my attire when I said I was going to a big event, he asked "Now, are you eating before hand?  Do you have shakes ready? Are you worried you'll be challenged?"
I laughed at him.

"Are you trying to coach me?" I asked.

"Well, I need to make sure someone's taking care of you if Ginah's not back here asking these questions!"

He didn't know that Ginah had already, indeed, grilled me about the evening -- asking about my "challenges" and plans to avoid exiting the box.

Soup Crackers
Jed and I then talked at great length again about the soup crackers.  I told him I tried baking them again and showed him a photo of how they looked out of the oven (see left).  He said, "Looks like you have a pretty fine cracker there!"  Then he went on to ask about cookie recipes.  "I really need you to find a good chocolate cookie recipe," he said very demanding.  It really wasn't a request, in fact.  He was adamant I do this for him.  So, while in class I googled recipes and emailed them to him.  During class he turned back and looked at me and said, "I'm getting an awful lot of recipes from you right now, are you even paying attention?  I don't want you to miss anything." 

(He later emailed me back and said "Hope your 'event' was enjoyable." Notice the word event in quotes...)

As I dashed out the door at 5:30 to leave, the drinker enters.  How does she get away with only attending 30 minutes?  Hmmmm.

Posing as the new Fat Class Model

No comments:

Post a Comment